Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is the premium tool for converting any image or scanned document into digital text. With more than 4.5 billion people using internet, the OCR has become a necessity for any individuals, businesses, and government institution.
What is OCR?
OCR is an AI-based technology which is used to extract text from any hand-written or type-written image. The technology has shown more than 90% accuracy. After digital conversion, your data becomes editable, secure, sorted, and easy to interpret.
The global OCR market currently stands at USD 10.65 Billion. It is expected to reach USD 33.44 Billion by 2030 projecting an annual growth of 15.4%.
6 Best OCR Software to convert Images to Text
By now, you already have an idea about OCR and its working. Now to put this into use, we have compiled a list of 6 best OCR software which you can use for image to text conversion.
OCR online is a brand name for all image to editable text conversions. The tool specializes in converting any type of hand-written and printed text. It provides above 95% accuracy, guaranteeing conversion without losing any content from source file.
The interface is simple, making it user-friendly.
The supported extensions include PNG, JPG, GIF, and SVG. You can either upload or drag any of these images for performing your tasks.
The tool is particularly useful for these 3 types of conversions:
- Handwritten text to online text conversion
- Image to online text Conversion
- Scanned file to online text conversion
The tool is also equipped with an online translator. It allows the users to convert text into their local language. This contributes in making it a global tool.
- Highly Efficient
- Easy to use
- No need to get premium subscriptions
- Not adept at converting skewed or blurry images
Image to text is our 2nd choice for you. Like its predecessor, it can convert any image into digital format. However, it is more suited for converting low quality images to text.
The interface is very basic. So that professionals and novice can use it alike. The tool is also available on every digital device, which helps in 24/7 access. It can be accessed via Window, Android, and iOS devices.
- Efficient at converting low quality images
- Ease of usage
- High-quality in-built translator
- Not suitable for images with glare
The OCR space gets 3rd ranking courtesy its range of options. It can convert JPH, PNG, GIF, SVG, And Web images to text. Most tools don’t allow live web to digital conversions.
The tool also provides customized image improvements. You can improve DPI, orientation and other specifications of your image.
- Suitable for advanced OCR conversions
- Can search web images
- Variety of OCR types
- Quick conversions
- Not ideal for novices
- Can struggle with accuracy of Translation
The tool specializes in converting official documents. It uses advanced AI along with machine learning. The combination makes it ideal for converting mortgage images, banking transactions, property documents, ID Cards, invoices, and all other important slips.
If you are working on improving work flow, you should bring Nanonets to use. The pro nanonet costs you USD 499 per month.
- Efficient Conversions
- Complete care of detail
- Speed of work and data acquisition
- Premium mode is Costly
- Lacks ability to convert educational documents
Simple OCR prides itself on quick image to text conversions. The application is suitable only for windows. The tool can provide 100% OCR accuracy. It can reduce dots in an image.
The tool is particularly useful for images containing non-regular fonts, tables, and multiple columns.
- Suited for type-written images
- Can translate in English and French
- Can save text in TXT format
- Free to use
- Not suitable for handwritten images
- Not accurate with glaring images
Easy screen is adept at screen to text conversions. It can extract text from scanned images and text. The tool can be used on via Windows and Android.
The application also provides an in-built transfer to serve global audience. It can accept JPG, PNG, and SVG images.
- Can convert web images
- Easy to use
- Quick conversions
- Premium version costs USD 49 per year
- Not ideal for novices
Why use OCR?
The OCR can help an individual and a business in following manners.
- It improves data collection speed.
- It removes manual interference. Data can be auto filled by interconnecting various data bases.
- The data is easy to access. You can get your desired figures by using simple reference numbers.
- The digital data is easy to interpret. For Example: You can extract all variables affecting your annual sales in one sheet. This helps in drawing better conclusions.
- It automates the processes. The material selection, process sequencing, employee identifications, account IDs, and Challans can be filled by using simple QR codes.
- It helps in large scale research and surveys. You can float a questionnaire online to collect data for your research.
- The technology provides quick customer feedback.
- It makes data transfer and analysis transparent.
- It takes cares of all clerical or data entry works. So that business can use their human resource for business generation
SEO Link Building Tips That Work in 2022
Types of OCR
The OCR can be divided into following types:
ICR (Intelligent Word Recognition): This type utilizes advanced AI to extract complete words from source input.
The technique is suitable for handwritten text to digital conversions.
ICR (Intelligent Character Recognition): This type is based on extracting individual character from an image by using advanced AI.
The technique is used for blurry handwritten images/files.
OWR (Optical Word Recognition): OWR uses optical tool to identify the text pattern from a specimen. Then after comparing it with software’s data base, it comes up word extraction.
The tool is beneficial for converting type-written texts.
OCR (Optical Character Recognition): The OCR works on recognizing individual text from an optical pattern. The tool complies a comprehensible output by matching individual letters with its data base,
The tool is also useful for digitizing type-written text.
OMR (Optical Mark Recognition): OMR recognizes patterns on a document. It is useful for QR scans and auto-filling of information.
The selection of right OCR tool can be quite problematic at times. To save you from this trouble, we have presented the list of top 6 OCR software. It details their specifications, usage, pros, and cons.
This provides you a chance to pick a tool base on your requirement and use it well. Waiting for your feedback about this list.